Asterisk / Telecom Engineer
Are you hands-on experienced on systems such as Asterisk, FreePBX, Free Switch, Vicidial? Do the words AGI, IVR and VoIP make sense to you and can you dot the lines between them? Do you enjoy taking Telecom-to-the-Cloud with applications that scale like crazy? If you are excited with the idea of hosted telephony technology and the impact it can have, this is the job for you and that’s what you’ll be doing.
This is a very responsible role for our hosted telephony technology services team. You will be handling Telecom Software & Databases.
- Installing, configuring, optimising and maintaining telecom application infrastructure including Asterisk, FreePBX, Vicidial boxes.
- Scripting IVR applications using Asterisk-Java, AGI and proprietory IVR tools.
- Write quality and maintainable telecom software code in Asterisk, Java, PHP and Python with extensive test coverage in a fast paced professional software engineering environment.
- Creating webRTC applications including maintaining STUN / TURN servers and writing applications using webRTC.
- Solution design for solving customer problems, troubleshooting customer issues and proactively tracking system performance.
- Application design, testing, deployment and maintenance of voice applications and associated billing and rating systems, web configuration and reporting interfaces.
Desired Candidate Profile
Diploma or UG –, B.Tech/B.E. – Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication
PG – M.Tech – Any Specialization, Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication, MCA – Computers
Doctorate – Doctorate Not Required
- 2-4 years’ experience in one or both of Asterisk (AGI, PHP is essential) or webRTC
- Excellent knowledge of telecom and computing fundamentals, scripting in PHP and AGI.
- Hands on knowledge of working on telecom software VoIP, Telephony IVR, Asterisk, WebRTC, FreePBX, Free Switch, Vicidial etc.
- Should be passionate, persistent & creative. Knowledge of Advanced Java is a plus.
- Knowing interesting software details such as TCP/IP ports, SIP session management, how telecom apps work, how SQL replication works will be a plus.
Phonon Comunications Pvt. Ltd. (http://www.phonon.in)
Phonon is a leading provider of enterprise grade solutions that leverage the ubiquity of the Telecom Network technology to provide a Unified Communications Platform. We provide our customers with consultative and hosted solutions to make their customer interaction processes more efficient and effective. We cater to leading service sector companies in aviation, automobile, banking, financial services and insurance.
Phonon was a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2016 Winner. Phonon has also been awarded as Red Herring Top 100 Asia and as one of the top 20 Unified Communication Companies of India in February, 2016. Citibank Mobile Challenge in November 2015 shortlisted Phonon as one of the 20 top innovators from India. One of our main products, Click-to-Call was selected as one of the 15 Regional Finalists at IBM GEP SmartCamp.