Product Marketing Manager
Are you interested in one or more of the following – Feature design? Product road-map? Collateral set-up? Organic and inorganic internet traffic growth? Do you swear by Philip Kotler and try putting things in the four exalted Ps? Do you enjoy making excellent PPTs, product concept notes and Excel simulations? Do you understand technology-business and ant to make a mark by having excellent applications being sold as products? If you have a yes to these as an answer, Product Marketing Manager at Phonon is the right job for you!
You will be or aspire to be the boss of the product. Thats a huge role. Everything regarding the product and its marketing will come and stop at you. You will be responsible for many of these items:
- Developing and documenting features and delivery plan for the product road-map.
- Providing feature set of goals and business use-cases to the technology team.
- Pricing: you will develop and maintain pricing models including rate sheets and profitability analysis based on revenue projections. It will be your responsibility to ensure all sales staff are trained on the pricing model.
- Promotions: You will be responsible for the entire product and organisational promotions. This will include
- Supporting the sales team by providing adequate sales hard-collateral in the form of concept notes, explainers, presentations, demos, case studies, brochures, sales decks and simulations.
- Ensuring excellent online presence including having a great website, excellent product pages in the website, case studies, demo logins.
- Ensuring a comprehensive digital marketing strategy and public relations (maybe through an agency) including presence on social media, content development and syndication and organic traffic development.
- Place: You’ll find and be responsible for choicest of places where we can represent and showcase our products. These could be through traditional modes such as
- Setting up cold calling processes lead generation processes with C-level executives.
- Maintaining and dispatching regular promotional emails for lead generation and client engagement.
- Well maintained online properties and with show-casing products on these properties.
- Maintain budgeted exercises for link exchange, traffic generation etc.
If you do all of this well, you’ll definitely have a great product marketing strategy and be the Product Manager of the Year!
Your Skills and Profile
- An engineer (preferably EC, CS, IT) and an MBA from a reputed business school.
- It’ll be great if you’ve been through a product lifecycle in the software industry itself.
- You’ll need to know technology in and out, specifically:
- Words such as HTTP, FTP, WebService, APIs, RESTful etc should be a part of your regular vocabulary. (don’t worry, if you don’t, we’ll make it!)
- You’ll need to be an expert with hand’s on experience in digital marketing, content development and syndication and SEO. What you maintain a popular blog? Oh, thats definitely a great plus!
- You should be able to develop great presentations, graphically represent ideas, make mind-maps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to Graphic Designing / Photoshop etc. will be an added advantage.
Salary: Not a constraint for good candidates.
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: Sales & Marketing
Role Category: Product Marketing
Role: Product Marketing Manager
Send a copy of your resume and a great covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our selection process consists of:
- Profile shortlisting when you send us your resume.
- A round of written tests on analytical and functional skills.
- Followed by one or two rounds of personal interview.
- A round of CEO interview.
- If you get through all four above, we give you an offer you can’t refuse.